Post here your questions about the OpenSpace 2.x or notify bugs and suggestions.

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

pushpender

Postby pushpender » 30 Aug 2011, 06:57

hi

I m using open space v2 (with smart fox server pro)for my project(mmo game). now i m facing a very strange problem.

suppose i have multiple avatar in a map (there are portals in every map so that a user can visit to other maps) and any avatar click on a portal the avatar moves on the selected map(suppose he select map2) the problem is every avatar in the previous map move to the selected map(map 2).

i lost 2 days without any solution.:cry:

thank you
pushpender singh
Bax
Site Admin

Postby Bax » 31 Aug 2011, 08:03

How do you change map when a portal is clicked by the user?
Paolo Bax
The SmartFoxServer Team
pushpender

Postby pushpender » 05 Sep 2011, 04:59

hi bax

once a user click on the portal i load a new map with openSpace.loadMap (room) method then open space load the new map and teleport all the player in the existing room to new room.

now after spending 3 days, i think i know the real problem but don't know how to solve it. The problem is when a user log in to smar fox he never logged out even after i close the swf file.

ex: suppose i log in with user a and then with user b. if i trace room.userlist() the length of the returning array is 2. now i logged out both the users and even close .swf files. now when i log in again with a user and trace the same method it shows me 3 players.if i do it again it shows 4 and 5 and so on. i think the problem is user is not logging out.

i m running this on local server.now if you understand my problem plz help me.

thank you
pushpender singh
Bax
Site Admin

Postby Bax » 05 Sep 2011, 06:18

Instead of checking the user list size, you should open the AdminTool and check if those users are still listed.
Also, when you load a new map, only the user who loaded it moves to that map, not all the users. In fact maps are linked to Rooms, and a client can request a room change for itself only, not for other clients.
Paolo Bax
The SmartFoxServer Team
pushpender

Postby pushpender » 05 Sep 2011, 12:25

hmm... then i must be doing something wrong (because my avatar is able to teleport with all other avatars present in the room). okay no problem let me check my code.

thanx for ur support.
navgustavo13

Postby navgustavo13 » 22 Sep 2011, 16:46

I have the exact same problem :(
Did you find a solution?

Return to “OpenSpace v2 discussions and help”