Inventory item selection issue while on map

Post here your questions about the OpenSpace 2.x or notify bugs and suggestions.

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

whornak

Inventory item selection issue while on map

Postby whornak » 02 Nov 2011, 01:26

I have based a particular inventory items configuration on the bear rug in your example.

The way I am interpreting it is that in order to have the entire skin walkable, and not have the avatar end up behind it, it must be below the upper right/left extended boundries.

And it works.

But to have the skin of an oval rug positioned properly so that the avatar is not placed behind it the skin is offset enough that you cannot click on the skin to select it, you must actually click on the tile.

Is there something that I am doing incorrectly?

If having the skin on the tile and being able to click anywhere to select it why would not having the skin directly over the tile prevent this? Especially when the skin is much larger than the tile and can be selected when clicking on a portion of it that is not above the actual tile.
Bax
Site Admin

Postby Bax » 02 Nov 2011, 08:05

If a tile is walkable, the tile click has priority over skin click.
In order to avoid the avatar being behind the skin, you have to put the skin on the lowest depth level. This means that all the other tiles which cover the skin (which exceeds the boundaries of the tile it belongs to) are above the skin, so they catch the click event (if they are walkable).
Paolo Bax
The SmartFoxServer Team
whornak

Postby whornak » 02 Nov 2011, 10:00

Is there a way to override the priority, having the skin of the editable inventory item to become the recipient of the click event to select it?
Bax
Site Admin

Postby Bax » 03 Nov 2011, 08:16

No, it is not possible because priority is the result of the way tiles are stacked. Changing the stacking would break everything else.
Out od curiosity: why do you need a skin click event? Why not using a tile click event?
Paolo Bax
The SmartFoxServer Team

Return to “OpenSpace v2 discussions and help”