Post here your questions about the OpenSpace 2.x or notify bugs and suggestions.

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

radiateur

Postby radiateur » 06 Jan 2013, 13:40

I there,

I saw many people triyng to do that, but could someone give me an example or an idea to load avatar skins dynamically?

I use vectors graphics, so i'd like to load swf files (because in every tests i ever did in flash, vectors for little sized graphics get better performances and have a better weight).

It' quite strange that this kind of thing is not showed in the default examples, I understand that the avatar class by default is a virgin file for flexibility purpose, but i need examples to build the engine ( yes i am quite noob in as3).

And having many many clothes for characters (as multiple furnitures) is just one of the very basic thing every social/multiplayer game will always need.

Thanks for your help.
Bax
Site Admin

Re: avatar loadier, map loaders

Postby Bax » 08 Jan 2013, 10:11

Actually if you use vector graphics, having just one SWF file containing all your assets can be a feasible way to go as its size won't be that big. And in order to add new assets you just have to update a file.
Paolo Bax
The SmartFoxServer Team
radiateur

Re: avatar loadier, map loaders

Postby radiateur » 14 Jan 2013, 20:47

I knew Bax, (and this is one of the 3 reasons i choosed vector graphics) but clearly the skins are constantly updated and added in a social game (best example is blablaland, wich have 2 to 6 skins sets per week) cause this is the better way to monetise this kind of game.

Well, so at first i'll do as you say, and later when my game will really have a lot of skins and furnitures, i'll find the best way to achieve this ;)

Thank you

Return to “OpenSpace v2 discussions and help”