Changing map and avatar direction

Post here your questions about the OpenSpace 2.x or notify bugs and suggestions.

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

radiateur

Changing map and avatar direction

Postby radiateur » 31 Mar 2013, 08:23

Hi there,

I'm currently about to finish my game, and i designed and linked every maps of my world. Almost everything work fine and i'll surely have further questions about openspace details, like this one :

When my avatar enter in a new map, the direction he look at is defined by default as facing north west. But i need to send to my avatar a direction dependent to the tile where he is and where he came from (i mean if he appeared on a nothern tile he should look at south, and if he appeared on a southern tile he should look at north).

I thought i had found a thread asking for the same think but i don't find it again... maybe that this is just a parameter to write on the mapExit tile in the map editor, i don't know, but what is the way to send the avatar the good direction to look at ?
radiateur

Re: Changing map and avatar direction

Postby radiateur » 02 Apr 2013, 08:34

someone hulp me?
Bax
Site Admin

Postby Bax » 02 Apr 2013, 09:05

Check the IOpenSpace.createMyAvatar method documentation: among the parameters you can pass to that method you have the direction that the avatar should face.
Paolo Bax
The SmartFoxServer Team
radiateur

Postby radiateur » 02 Apr 2013, 19:14

Thanks, i'll check this tomorow.

Return to “OpenSpace v2 discussions and help”