Dynamic room reload issue

Post here your questions about the OpenSpace 2.x or notify bugs and suggestions.

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

Madhav

Dynamic room reload issue

Postby Madhav » 18 Apr 2013, 06:26

Hi,
I'm having a dynamic room associated with a openspace map. After a user avatar logs in to this room if I again load the same map again, no error is thrown but the maps doesn't appears... But if I do same in a static room it just works fine....

Please guide...
Bax
Site Admin

Re: Dynamic room reload issue

Postby Bax » 22 Apr 2013, 08:24

We will take a look, even if there should be no difference at all.
In the meanwhile can you explain which you should reload the map?
Paolo Bax
The SmartFoxServer Team
Madhav

Postby Madhav » 22 Apr 2013, 09:00

hi bax,
Thanks for reply...

I am making the avatar to join a dynamic room which is associated with a openspace map, when he clicks a movieclip on stage.
Now he's joined to that dynamic room.. (can walk around, chat etc) Now if he again click the same icon the map is loaded again but nothing appears on stage(no avatar, no map). Instead if he joins a static room which is created using admin panel in the same way as explained(clicking a movieclip) and tries to reload by again clicking the icon the map is just loaded again and every thing is perfect...!!!??? :(
Bax
Site Admin

Postby Bax » 22 Apr 2013, 09:49

I just did the following test:

1) in the example distributed with OpenSpace I added a button which creates a dynamic Room like this:

Code: Select all

var settings:RoomSettings = new RoomSettings("My Test Room");
settings.variables = [new SFSRoomVariable("_os_mapId", "osExample1#temp")]
smartFox.send(new CreateRoomRequest(settings));

2) run the example and click the button: the Room is created
3) click the Room in the roomlist and join it: the map is loaded and I can interact with it
4) click the Reload button in the example interface, which in turn calls the IOpenSpace.loadMap method: the map is reloaded and displayed as expected

So as you can see everything works as expected even with dynamic rooms.
Not sure why your example doesn't work. Did you check the client and server logs? Anything suspicious in there?
If you can't figure out what the problem is you might simply inhibit the button if you are already on the right map (avoiding to reload it).
Paolo Bax
The SmartFoxServer Team

Return to “OpenSpace v2 discussions and help”