map bug when adding tiles.

Post here your questions about the OpenSpace 2.x or notify bugs and suggestions.

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

radiateur

map bug when adding tiles.

Postby radiateur » 25 Feb 2014, 15:30

I got strange bugs since the beginiing with map edition in openspace editor.

Some map are created well, and works well, but if i add a tile in it, suddendly my avatar can't go in this map. I need to remove this tile or an other somtimes.
There's absolutly no messages sent in traces or logs about this, debug says that the map has been requested, sended, created and that the avatar is in it, openspace consider that my avatar is in the map, but my avatar is frozen in the previous map, and the new map is not displayed at all.

It can happen without adding tiles in the map, but only if i name a tile. If i remove background it can also work again.

It's very strange cause it's look like if there was a limitation in map creation (and not only 15x15 tile)

I can give you files to reproduce this, it's a very annoying bug, cause work have to be redone and tested again and again, each time i create or add new maps.
Bax
Site Admin

Re: map bug when adding tiles.

Postby Bax » 25 Feb 2014, 18:42

What version of OpenSpace are you using? If not the latest, please update and retry.
If the issue still occurs please send a test project.
Paolo Bax
The SmartFoxServer Team
radiateur

Postby radiateur » 26 Feb 2014, 09:30

I have updated the server jar extension but the bug still occured, yesterday i have updated the client component and compiled the game, i'll try again with a buggy map.

I think that you juste need 2 maps files, one buggy and the same one working, the library and the swf assets, (and call them with the openspace client example) to reproduce and trace the bug (cause i've build all the openspace requests like in the example). This bug also happened in my very first tests when my client was very close of the example, i think that its more related to the maps and the way i do assets (background/skins/supertiles).

As traces and logs look good i suspect something in the editor, or the java extension :(

So, are you ok if i send you these files ?
Bax
Site Admin

Postby Bax » 26 Feb 2014, 10:03

Sure.
Paolo Bax
The SmartFoxServer Team

Return to “OpenSpace v2 discussions and help”