Trouble building and running the example!!!

Post here your questions about the OpenSpace 2.x or notify bugs and suggestions.

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

wadapav

Trouble building and running the example!!!

Postby wadapav » 23 Feb 2019, 05:08

Howdy there,

trying to get the OpenSpace v2 example running on SmartFoxServer 2X, and I've been having some trouble.

im using flashDevelop3, i've gotten the project to build and it plops out .../bin-debug/Main.swf

however it doesn't have an html page, or xml/config files, that can't be right can it?

i went ahead and added the .swf to the sfs2x webserver root and while the gui loads, the connection dot stays gray

sorry for such n3wbish questions. thanks in advance!
Last edited by wadapav on 25 Feb 2019, 19:24, edited 1 time in total.
Bax
Site Admin

Re: Trouble building and running the example!!!

Postby Bax » 25 Feb 2019, 11:03

We never used FlashDevelop, so it is hard to help. Indeed you should get an HTML file referencing the SWF file. Maybe it is just a matter of configuring FlashDevelop to create it? Otherwise you can just create your own manually, embedding the Main.swf file.

Additionally, to make the client part of the example work, you will need the following folders to be copied from src to bin-debug (our Flash Builder does it automatically):

src/assets/images -> bin-debug/assets/images
src/config -> bin-debug/config
src/editor -> bin-debug/editor
src/libraries -> bin-debug/libraries (including the subfolder, and only the swf files are needed)

Hope this helps.
Paolo Bax
The SmartFoxServer Team

Return to “OpenSpace v2 discussions and help”