unable to build flex example

Post here your questions about the OpenSpace 2.x or notify bugs and suggestions.

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

pengerknitter

unable to build flex example

Postby pengerknitter » 03 Apr 2010, 21:33

I have installed beta 5 and after importing the new project I am unable to compile.
Note: I did add the swc folder under the project's build path:library path.

I'm getting the following errors:

1046: Type was not found or was not a compile-time constant: DemoAvatar. main/src main.as line 271
1046: Type was not found or was not a compile-time constant: DemoGhost. main/src main.as line 272

what am I missing?
Bax
Site Admin

Postby Bax » 04 Apr 2010, 08:43

Do you have the DemoAvatarContainer.swc in the Flex Library Path? Did you clean the project?
Paolo Bax
The SmartFoxServer Team
pengerknitter

Postby pengerknitter » 04 Apr 2010, 15:33

bax wrote:Do you have the DemoAvatarContainer.swc in the Flex Library Path? Did you clean the project?

thanks for your quick reply... I got a bit further. It compiles now and after doing an export release build I get a progressbar with 'initializing' but it never gets past 60%. I hope I am launching this correctly, i.e. <serverip>:8080/Examples/OpenSpace_beta/examples/flex_project/bin/main.swf

When I created the project, I chose flex project, not actionscript project - is that correct?

Also, where would I be able to see those trace messages so I can tell how far it gets. I enabled the 'debug' property in the sfsClient.xml file but that doesn't seem to have any effect.
pengerknitter

Postby pengerknitter » 04 Apr 2010, 16:36

ok, after crawling the forum a bit more, I found a post regarding an error message I was getting when the demo starts. The problem is described here:
viewtopic.php?t=7052&highlight=argument+count+mismatch

shouldn't this be a sticky? Or at least added to the release notes of the beta?

So I deleted the component from the libs folder, but that left me with a bunch of undefined references in the code and I commented out a bunch of the trace methods. Does this mean I won't be able to use those trace messages at all?

But, the demo now runs... whooohoooo
Bax
Site Admin

Postby Bax » 05 Apr 2010, 08:54

As the post you referenced says, the problem is with a custom component we created to show some debug info in a console placed on the stage. Simply change the code using standard trace actions.
Paolo Bax
The SmartFoxServer Team
pengerknitter

Postby pengerknitter » 05 Apr 2010, 17:22

bax wrote:As the post you referenced says, the problem is with a custom component we created to show some debug info in a console placed on the stage. Simply change the code using standard trace actions.

Thanks for the tip - I'll give that a try
warhell

Postby warhell » 05 Apr 2010, 17:27

You may also try replacing the collapse canvas with a regular canvas. You won't be able to hide it but you will be able to see all the trace statements and logs.
fats2005

Postby fats2005 » 13 Apr 2010, 22:36

Hi guys!, I have a problem with the flex example, I imported the project (OpenSpace_Flex.zip) in Flex 4.0, and compiled whit Flex 3.5 SDK. the compilation generated a new folder called 'bin-debug', this folder I moved to 'SmartFoxServerPRO_1.6.6\Server\webserver\webapps\root\Flex'... but in the final of the process when I try to open the link 'http://127.0.0.1:8080/Flex/main.html' in my browser, the aplicattion load only half of the bar and stop. And and nothing happens more.

what is my wrong?

thanks for your help!! I'm waiting your answer :D

PD. Sorry for my english, But I am learning so far :)
Bax
Site Admin

Postby Bax » 14 Apr 2010, 16:29

"the aplicattion load only half of the bar"... what do you mean? which bar?
Paolo Bax
The SmartFoxServer Team
fats2005

Postby fats2005 » 14 Apr 2010, 16:41

the flex preolader Image

link of the picture: http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/GP ... directlink

thanks for your help
regards
Bax
Site Admin

Postby Bax » 14 Apr 2010, 21:05

I never saw this kind of problems, and it doesn't seem to be related to OpenSpace. Maybe you should search Google for possible causes of this behavior in Flex applications.
Paolo Bax
The SmartFoxServer Team
pengerknitter

Postby pengerknitter » 14 Apr 2010, 22:49

fats2005 wrote:Hi guys!, I have a problem with the flex example, I imported the project (OpenSpace_Flex.zip) in Flex 4.0, and compiled whit Flex 3.5 SDK. the compilation generated a new folder called 'bin-debug', this folder I moved to 'SmartFoxServerPRO_1.6.6\Server\webserver\webapps\root\Flex'... but in the final of the process when I try to open the link 'http://127.0.0.1:8080/Flex/main.html' in my browser, the aplicattion load only half of the bar and stop. And and nothing happens more.

what is my wrong?

thanks for your help!! I'm waiting your answer :D

PD. Sorry for my english, But I am learning so far :)

I have run into the same problem, but I can't quite remember how I fixed it. Do any of the other smartfoxserver examples work for you?
Btw: try running the project from inside flexbuilder instead of opening the html in a browser. Also, enable the trace messages.

good luck

Return to “OpenSpace v2 discussions and help”