Editing Map Before Loading

Post here your questions about the OpenSpace 2.x or notify bugs and suggestions.

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

sidigrid

Editing Map Before Loading

Postby sidigrid » 05 Apr 2010, 06:48

Hi OS team,
Well, I know that this can be done in openSpace I. But am not sure if it can be implemented and how to do it in openSpace II.

Prob:
I want to edit the placement of objects on a map before loading it.

Situation:
I want to let users have their own map's. Since creating a new map for everyone is not the right way, i thought of storing the placement of objects on map for each user. When the user joins again i will create a room with one user limitation and will retireve the object placement details and will update the map before loading it into his screen.

So the user will always have the game screen the way he left it...

A single user will exist in the map.So there is no problem of two people loading two diff maps in same room.

Is there a possibilty to do this in OSII...and how..? In openSpaceI we could edit the xml file before loading it. So object placements would be fixedbefore loading map..

It would be helpful to a lot of people out here.Am sure people would want users to save their state and retrieve it..
Hmmmm...

By the way..A great cool engine guys..Keep it up..You rock.

Regards,
Sid. :D
Bax
Site Admin

Postby Bax » 05 Apr 2010, 09:13

What you describe can't be done (unless you edit the .map file, which is more complex because it isn't plain xml, but json).
We suggest you to follow the workflow described in this post.
Paolo Bax
The SmartFoxServer Team

Return to “OpenSpace v2 discussions and help”