Joining a Game Room as a player

Post here your questions about the OpenSpace 2.x or notify bugs and suggestions.

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

ffourcad

Joining a Game Room as a player

Postby ffourcad » 13 Apr 2010, 14:41

Hello,

I have a problem to join a game room as a player. Since in OpenSpace we don't use the joinRoom method, but the loadMap instead (or another OpenSpace method which includes the joinRoom method), I can't find where I can set the player status of the user.
Bax
Site Admin

Postby Bax » 13 Apr 2010, 16:44

Can you better describe what you mean? Actually we don't understand why you should use a game room for OpenSpace.. what is the purpose? Also, what do you mean with "setting the player status"? player vs spectator?
Paolo Bax
The SmartFoxServer Team
ffourcad

Postby ffourcad » 14 Apr 2010, 07:46

yes, i meant player vs spectator. And I'd like to use a game room, because I would like to use OpenSpace to do something like a maze game. It seems pretty convenient for this project, but I'd like to make a difference between the NPC (who are set as spectators) and the real players (who should be set as players).
Bax
Site Admin

Postby Bax » 14 Apr 2010, 16:36

If the room is a game room, users entering the corresponding map are set as players. As it regards the NPCs, simply make them join the room manually (don't use the server-side sendAvatarToMap method) and then set their user variables (position, skin, etc) to make them appear on the map.
Paolo Bax
The SmartFoxServer Team

Return to “OpenSpace v2 discussions and help”