Discord server ?

Post here your questions about SFS2X. Here we discuss all server-side matters. For client API questions see the dedicated forums.

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

genar

Discord server ?

Postby genar » 02 Feb 2021, 16:24

No idea where i could post this... but what about a discord server for smartfoxserver ? Would actually be great to attract people and keep with them connected... furthermore it would help the community :) Photon, MLAPI and many other unity networking librarys already have one... which is great because you often run into trouble and those are there for helping you, showcases or many other stuff.
Lapo
Site Admin

Re: Discord server ?

Postby Lapo » 03 Feb 2021, 08:04

Hi,
it's been proposed several times. The problem we see if that it would fragment support in two places creating a "split" between what's discussed here and what's discussed on Discord.

Additionally Discord sis too simplistic in terms of messaging/posting. You can't create a thread for a specific question, and you end up posting all kinds of questions in the same "channel" with relative replies mixing up together. It looks more like a big linear chat, than a discussion forum like this one. It's not practical and it would make it too hard to do what we can do here.

Sorry
Lapo
--
gotoAndPlay()
...addicted to flash games
genar

Postby genar » 03 Feb 2021, 20:54

Well thats sad :/ Would be great... Many engines like unity also run a discord server with multiple channels and its working "great"... atleast i never saw someone cross posting stuff etc. Meanwhile they still run their forum ;)
Ninjaoninja2

Postby Ninjaoninja2 » 21 May 2021, 17:11

Lapo wrote:Hi,
it's been proposed several times. The problem we see if that it would fragment support in two places creating a "split" between what's discussed here and what's discussed on Discord.

Additionally Discord sis too simplistic in terms of messaging/posting. You can't create a thread for a specific question, and you end up posting all kinds of questions in the same "channel" with relative replies mixing up together. It looks more like a big linear chat, than a discussion forum like this one. It's not practical and it would make it too hard to do what we can do here.

Sorry

Hey Lapo,

Just wanted to add on to this real quick, I know Discord is testing an experimental threads feature it's not out in "the wild" yet, so perhaps if that ends up being something they release it could definitely open SmarFox up to a lot more users. Hopefully in the case of threads releasing you guys will consider opening up a Discord server, I too would love to see that one day.

Return to “SFS2X Questions”