remote administration v3.2.6 bug ?

Post here your questions about SFS2X. Here we discuss all server-side matters. For client API questions see the dedicated forums.

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

ransaymour

remote administration v3.2.6 bug ?

Postby ransaymour » 16 Apr 2021, 13:58

Hello smartfoxserver team, I noticed that the list of events in the advanced category, in the editing zone and in the creation zone. not appearing
Is that okay?
I try to update user values ​​and call the client-side USER_VARIABLES_UPDATE event, but the event is not running on the client side, and the data is updated on the server. And I thought maybe the system is not set by default to allow this event to work, but I have no option to check what is available and what is not.

and I marked true for the client event in the server ext' :

Code: Select all

getApi().setUserVariables(sender, [userVar1,userVar2,userVar3, userVar4],true);

Note the Disabled system events section:

http://www.up2me.co.il/imgs/87981674.png

There are some errors that appear, in the console, it may be relevant:

http://www.up2me.co.il/imgs/9683710.png
Last edited by ransaymour on 16 Apr 2021, 19:51, edited 1 time in total.
Lapo
Site Admin

Re: remote administration v3.2.6 bug ?

Postby Lapo » 16 Apr 2021, 16:22

Hi,
thanks for reporting, we'll investigate.
Can you tell me the version of your server too? And the OS you're using to run SFS2X?

Thanks
Lapo
--
gotoAndPlay()
...addicted to flash games
ransaymour

Postby ransaymour » 16 Apr 2021, 16:35

server version : 2.17
API: ActionScript 3 API Version: 1.7.10

I want to point out that I use an extension that is at the ZONE level, when I'm in the zone and have not yet connected to room, the client-side USER_VARIABLES_UPDATE event works perfectly, But as soon as I call it from a room, it works and saves the data on the server but it does not run the event, and I set in the room settings to allow the USER_VARIABLES_UPDATE event.
Bax
Site Admin

Postby Bax » 19 Apr 2021, 09:29

Hello.
As mentioned in the AdminTool documentation, the Disabled system events list is not implemented as of today.
The warnings you see in the browser are not relevant: the browser is simply unable to load the source mappings for the libraries we use on the client side of the AdminTool.

About your issue with the User Variables... make sure the event can be fired by the Room. In the AdminTool's Zone Monitor, click on the Zone in the Zones' list, then on the Room in the Rooms' list, then click the Monitor Room button. Now go to the "Permissions & Events" tab and make sure the USER_VARIABLES_UPDATE_EVENT is displayed on the right side of the "Permission and events flags" dual list.
Paolo Bax
The SmartFoxServer Team
Rob

Postby Rob » 19 Apr 2021, 13:16

A suggestion is to remove that section from the AdminTool to avoid confusion. Like OP I was also mystified about it being blank when I first saw it and had to dig deep into the docs to find that it's not implemented yet.

Seeing that it has been like this for over 10 years, it's surprising that it was even ported over into the new html admin tool, since there doesn't seem to be any plans to add it anytime soon.
Lapo
Site Admin

Postby Lapo » 19 Apr 2021, 14:29

Hi,
the reason for this is that technically the UI is generated dynamically via descriptors that are loaded from the server side. So we re-created the rendering system in HTML5 that uses the same approach and maintained the same descriptor-based mechanism. That's why it got ported over to the new tool. :)

Additionally the Privilege Manager under Zone Configurator allows to finely tune which requests should be denied by the server, which is essentially the same feature and with more control.

We'll remove the unused descriptors in the next release.

Cheers
Lapo

--

gotoAndPlay()

...addicted to flash games
ransaymour

Postby ransaymour » 20 Apr 2021, 11:27

Thanks for helping everyone!!, really the USER_VARIABLES_UPDATE_EVENT was on the left side in "Permissions & Events", I moved it to the right side
and now everything is working perfectly, the "Disabled system events" confused me and made me think the problem was there. glad it will be removed in the next update 8)

Return to “SFS2X Questions”