SmartFoxServer 2x - spawn without server plugins

Post here your questions about SFS2X. Here we discuss all server-side matters. For client API questions see the dedicated forums.

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

DarkGon

SmartFoxServer 2x - spawn without server plugins

Postby DarkGon » 25 Apr 2021, 21:58

Hello
Now another person is working on the server plugins of our project, but I would like to know if it is possible to make a player spawn, so that people can see each other, without using access to custom server plugins.

Sorry if there is a similar post, like I was looking for information on this topic

P.S. I used Google Translate :D
Lapo
Site Admin

Re: SmartFoxServer 2x - spawn without server plugins

Postby Lapo » 26 Apr 2021, 07:26

Hi,
normally if you want to test your game locally with multiple players you need to launch multiple copies of the game client.

An alternative is to create NPCs (non player characters) from server side, however NPCs will not be very interactive unless you also write the logic that handles them.
To create NPCs, see here:
https://smartfoxserver.com/blog/ways-of ... -game-p-1/

Hope it helps
Lapo
--
gotoAndPlay()
...addicted to flash games
DarkGon

Postby DarkGon » 26 Apr 2021, 11:29

Thank you for your quick response, I would like to say the information that I forgot to specify.
1. the server is located on azure dedic, that is, remotely installed
2. spawn is needed for the player, I want to test how a simple game with a friend will look like
Lapo
Site Admin

Postby Lapo » 26 Apr 2021, 14:41

Hi,
spawn is needed for the player, I want to test how a simple game with a friend will look like

Yes, so why not connecting two clients? This way you can control two different players and test the game.

If it's not possible to connect two or multiple clients can you explain why?

Thanks
Lapo

--

gotoAndPlay()

...addicted to flash games
DarkGon

Postby DarkGon » 26 Apr 2021, 15:19

I misunderstood everything, reread and rethought, now I see that your answer the above answer was correct. Thank you so much for this idea!

p. s. I am from Russia, we have lessons on your plugin, so I will appear here sometimes, thank you for your help

Return to “SFS2X Questions”