Custom Login

Post here your questions about SFS2X. Here we discuss all server-side matters. For client API questions see the dedicated forums.

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

XXPX1

Custom Login

Postby XXPX1 » 31 Oct 2021, 19:59

Question: Is there anyway to use a preprocess login plugin for the LoginAssistantComponent without the DBManager enabled & configured?

I am trying to write a custom authentication flow by using the Login Assistant's preprocess plugin however that throws a SQLException when the Database Manager is not configured in the AdminTool for that particular Zone. For context, I have an established service that will be used for authenticating users.

At this point, I plan on writing a custom LoginAssistantComponent that guts the SQL requirement but wanted to see if anyone else had a better idea before I went down such a path.
XXPX1

Re: Custom Login

Postby XXPX1 » 01 Nov 2021, 22:29

I actually came up with a solution, figured I'd post it here in case it helps someone.

For context, these two web pages were important:
https://smartfoxserver.com/blog/how-to- ... tom-login/
http://docs2x.smartfoxserver.com/Extens ... -assistant

The problem with creating an EventHandler to manage USER_LOGIN event is that the password is hashed and I need the password unmodified to submit to my login service. That's where LoginAssistantComponent comes in, which allows you to set customPasswordCheck to true and send a custom variable to the server but that has some underlying assumptions about how the class will be used in conjunction with the SQL database (see original post).

So, after some digging, I found I was able to access that custom variable in a custom Event Handler, combining the two articles, and arrived with the following Kotlin code:

Code: Select all

val clientIncomingData = event.getParameter(SFSEventParam.LOGIN_IN_DATA) as ISFSObject
val password = clientIncomingData.getUtfString("passwd")

With that, I was able to throw a SFSLoginException if I needed to and everything seems to be working well.

Hope this helps and let me know if anyone sees a problem with this approach.

Return to “SFS2X Questions”