WARNING message when starting server

Post here your questions about SFS2X. Here we discuss all server-side matters. For client API questions see the dedicated forums.

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

hng

WARNING message when starting server

Postby hng » 18 Mar 2022, 03:51

hi,

I got warning message when stating sfs 2x (v2.14.8) :

WARNING: An illegal reflective access operation has occurred
WARNING: Illegal reflective access by com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.util.Fields (file:/C:/Users/javadev/SmartFoxServer_2X/SFS2X/lib/xstream-1.3.1.jar) to field java.util.Properties.defaults
WARNING: Please consider reporting this to the maintainers of com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.util.Fields
WARNING: Use --illegal-access=warn to enable warnings of further illegal reflective access operations
WARNING: All illegal access operations will be denied in a future release

This happen in production server OS: Windows Server 2022 Datacenter. The warning do not happen in development server OS: Windows Server 2019 Datacenter

I tried to upgrade to v2.18.1 with patch, but the warning still shown when start up the Windows 2022 Datacenter.

Any help ?
Lapo
Site Admin

Re: WARNING message when starting server

Postby Lapo » 18 Mar 2022, 16:05

Hi,
TLDR: disregard the message, it doesn't affect anything. And it only appears when running SFS2X with a Java Runtime >= 9.

This happen in production server OS: Windows Server 2022 Datacenter. The warning do not happen in development server OS: Windows Server 2019 Datacenter

Probably because you're running different Java runtimes.

Cheers
Lapo
--
gotoAndPlay()
...addicted to flash games
hng

Re: WARNING message when starting server

Postby hng » 21 Mar 2022, 08:13

ah yes, I am using java 11, thank you for the clarification

Return to “SFS2X Questions”