MMORoom SetUserPositionRequest

Post here your questions about SFS2X. Here we discuss all server-side matters. For client API questions see the dedicated forums.

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

YoungDeveloper

MMORoom SetUserPositionRequest

Postby YoungDeveloper » 28 Apr 2022, 20:50

Hi, when user joins MMORoom i don't set SetUserPositionRequest (for testing purposes).
After time i get this exception in console, is this expected behavior by sfs if limbo position is not set ?

Just feels weird that sfs produces an exception and not well managed error or warning instead (if SetUserPositionRequest is the reason).
In attachment i added screenshot
Attachments
1f750586bb9673c91880751fbb2f6dfa.png
(24.18 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Lapo
Site Admin

Re: MMORoom SetUserPositionRequest

Postby Lapo » 29 Apr 2022, 08:08

YoungDeveloper wrote:Hi, when user joins MMORoom i don't set SetUserPositionRequest (for testing purposes).
After time i get this exception in console, is this expected behavior by sfs if limbo position is not set ?

It is expected that the User is kicked out of the Room.
The state in which a User is joined in an MMORoom but not positioned "anywhere" in the virtual coordinates is called "Limbo". You also have a setting in the MMORoom itself that determines how long a player can remain in "Limbo" before getting kicked out.

The idea being that if one or more clients are in Limbo no one can interact with them and only by setting their position they will appear in other player's AOI.

However the exception in the screenshot is not expected.
What SFS2X version are you using? Can you tell us the steps to reproduce the problem?

Thanks
Lapo
--
gotoAndPlay()
...addicted to flash games
YoungDeveloper

Re: MMORoom SetUserPositionRequest

Postby YoungDeveloper » 05 May 2022, 14:00

Hi, it was developers fault, instead of managing users and room via getApi().joinRoom instead it was executed directly - room.addUser.
Sorry for false alarm :arrow:

Return to “SFS2X Questions”