Parsing Special Character

Post here your questions about SFS2X. Here we discuss all server-side matters. For client API questions see the dedicated forums.

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

ekrem5353

Parsing Special Character

Postby ekrem5353 » 08 Jun 2022, 10:32

We are using SmartFox 2.16.2 . When we put { } curly braces at the start or end of the UtfString . For example in chat or something else. C# clients can not parse it. Causes problem. For example android clients even can not send { character at the start of a string but when web clients send that character it causes problem on android clients. I say Csharp because we use Unity for our mobile clients. It is repeatable

Thanks
Lapo
Site Admin

Re: Parsing Special Character

Postby Lapo » 08 Jun 2022, 14:40

What version of the Unity/C# API are you using?
Does the client using regular connections (socket) or Websocket?

Thanks
Lapo
--
gotoAndPlay()
...addicted to flash games
ekrem5353

Postby ekrem5353 » 09 Jun 2022, 07:04

Version 1.7.17

And regular connection
Lapo
Site Admin

Postby Lapo » 09 Jun 2022, 08:07

Hi,
we're not aware of such issues with the UtfString objects. Have you tried printing the string to the Debug console to verify that it actually doesn't match the original message?

I ask because the problem might be in a different place, such as the UI component that renders the strings, rather that the string object itself.

I'd recommend doing this test in the Unity editor. If the problem also shows in the Debug console can you show us the code you're using to send and receive such strings? So we can replicate it on our side.

Thanks
Lapo

--

gotoAndPlay()

...addicted to flash games

Return to “SFS2X Questions”