Disconnect Reason: Unknown

Post here your questions about SFS2X. Here we discuss all server-side matters. For client API questions see the dedicated forums.

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

hng

Disconnect Reason: Unknown

Postby hng » 20 Jun 2022, 03:01

hi,

Is there any more detail reason of disconnect status, the only reason the server got from disconnect is "UNKNOWN"

while in client side got either "MANUAL" or "UNKNOWN"

what should to do to get more detail of disconnect reason, either from server side or client side ?

Best regards,
Hng
Lapo
Site Admin

Re: Disconnect Reason: Unknown

Postby Lapo » 20 Jun 2022, 14:25

Hello,
the "MANUAL" value indicates that the disconnection was initiated from the client side, by calling the Disconnect() method.

When the "UNKNOWN" value is received it means that the disconnection was caused by something outside of the server or client API, therefore it cannot be determined automatically.

Cheers
Lapo
--
gotoAndPlay()
...addicted to flash games
hng

Postby hng » 21 Jun 2022, 02:40

ok thanks, but how if same person login from another device, ie: Person A login in desktop browser html client, then he login again in his android device, the session in html client is disconnected and the message in the client and server side are "manual" and "unknown".

This also when in mobile device the user switch the network, the message in client is "manual" and in server is "unknown"

is there a automatic setup so when user login from another device the server would/could detect it ?

Best regards
HNG
Lapo
Site Admin

Postby Lapo » 21 Jun 2022, 08:10

Hi,
no that's not supported. When a user connects from another device we shut down the connection immediately in order to be able to handle the new login. If we had to send a message to specify the reason of disconnection we had also to wait for the the other end to receive it, which it can take any amount of time, holding the pending login.

On a personal level (correct me if I am wrong) I don't think this should matter that much. If I am playing on my laptop and I want to move on a tablet, the moment I am on the new device I don't care what happens on the laptop. I have probably already closed it and even if I could see the disconnection on the old device I would expect it, since I've just logged in from the tablet.

Cheers
Lapo

--

gotoAndPlay()

...addicted to flash games

Return to “SFS2X Questions”