Post here your questions about the Objective-C API for SFS2X

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

Lapo
Site Admin

Re: Disconnection issues on iOS

Postby Lapo » 08 Feb 2022, 16:55

Hi,
I am not sure what you mean by that.
If you have a specific problem with the iOS API please provide all the necessary details.

Here you can find how you can post an issue:
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=16497

Thanks
Lapo
--
gotoAndPlay()
...addicted to flash games
Oscer21

Postby Oscer21 » 13 Aug 2022, 05:27

Hello!
I looked for iOS disconnection issues while coming back from background after a short time, and I found long threads in the forum about it, but I didn't see an answer.

My issues is that our iOS clients face frequent lost connections when go to background for a short time (less than idle time). I'm using sfx objective-c version 1.7.10 (I see that there a newer version, but it seems the fixes are not relevant for our issue).

In addition, I've enabled HRC+, so when we back from BG, onConnectionRetry is first called, and onConnectioLost. I suspect server disconnect iOS only client. BTW, same test simultaneously on Android clients works perfectly (as already reported in old topics in the forum.

Please let me know if this issue was fixed and need special handling in iOS clients.

https://www.apkguru.net/gbwhatsapp-apk/
Lapo
Site Admin

Postby Lapo » 13 Aug 2022, 08:57

Hi,
My issues is that our iOS clients face frequent lost connections when go to background for a short time (less than idle time). I'm using sfx objective-c version 1.7.10 (I see that there a newer version, but it seems the fixes are not relevant for our issue).

when an app is sent in background the relative connections are lost, there's not much that can be done, because this under control of the OS.

In addition, I've enabled HRC+, so when we back from BG, onConnectionRetry is first called, and onConnectioLost. I suspect server disconnect iOS only client. BTW, same test simultaneously on Android clients works perfectly (as already reported in old topics in the forum.

This depends on how the disconnection is done by the OS. The API will attempt a reconnection but if it fails it fails... unfortunately there's not much else it can be done, other than opening a new one.

As regards this:
I suspect server disconnect iOS only client.

No, the server does not disconnect anyone. That's the client shutting down the connection when the app goes in background.

Cheers
Lapo

--

gotoAndPlay()

...addicted to flash games

Return to “SFS2X iPhone / iPad / OSX API”