SFS2X Unreal Engine

Post here your questions about the C++ API for SFS2X

Moderators: Lapo, Bax, MBagnati

rhagee

SFS2X Unreal Engine

Postby rhagee » 03 Dec 2018, 18:33

Hi , I'll firstly say that I'm "new" in using Smartfox.

I'm working to a project , where we choose to use SmartFox that we found nice and easly to be used. We started the project in Unity , so it was used with the C# API. I found really easy how to configure server , create extensions , and create client scripts.

Once we have created a part of the game we were working for , we found a problem with Unity and decided to switch to Unreal Engine.

The problem is that UE4 is not included in the guides and I had to search for my own in the net to find some of Your guides and get some tips to use it.

I have a basic problem i think that should be solved fastly , so I ask u that.

I downloaded the C++ API'S that cause UE4 as You know is based on it.

I wanted to do a Login script so I created a new Function called by a ButtonClick. First of all I insert the API'S in the project Folder (like Unity) but it doesn't work, so I found out how to do it in UE4 , the problem is that some PASSAGES of the GUIDE are not the same for me , I can't find any options that are shown in the images and something else.

Can You try to Explicate me step by step how to Import API'S in the UE4 Project?

If You'll link me the guide , I already saw it , and I can't find myself there , there are steps that are not clearly , and some Images-explenations where I can't find the options that the guide tells me to change to import the API'S.

I need help in this, I know that should be My Bad but I really can't fix it.

Thanks for the support insthead of it.

Regards , rhagee.
Lapo
Site Admin

Re: SFS2X Unreal Engine

Postby Lapo » 04 Dec 2018, 08:44

Hi,
I am not sure what guide you're referring to.
Did you check the UE4 proof of concept example we have in our Examples section?
https://www.smartfoxserver.com/download ... p=examples
(see bottom of page)

It comes with a tutorial on how to build the API and add it to your UE4 project.

Hope it helps
Lapo
--
gotoAndPlay()
...addicted to flash games
rhagee

Postby rhagee » 07 Dec 2018, 18:31

Yes I followed the guide that's is a Link to a page in the download. The problem is that following this guide I find any windows showed in the Tutorial DIFFERENTS than mine.

I can't find any options like the Tutorials do. So I can't setup rightly the API's.

Do You need some screens?

Probably You can find the solution in this way.
Lapo
Site Admin

Postby Lapo » 10 Dec 2018, 16:53

Hi,
as I have replied to your colleague via private message, the Unreal example is a few years old.
It is likely that things have changed a bit since then. My recommendation is to refer to the Unreal Engine docs on how to link an external compiled library.

Cheers
Lapo

--

gotoAndPlay()

...addicted to flash games

Return to “SFS2X C++ API”