Integrate SFS2X with Godot Engine

SmartFoxServer gurus looking for a new job and companies looking for multi-player developers, this is the right place to meet!

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

brandonlamb

Integrate SFS2X with Godot Engine

Postby brandonlamb » 07 Jul 2018, 20:00

https://www.upwork.com/jobs/~01df9bd7a8734a4d32

I've posted a job on upwork, looking to find a c++ developer who can integrate the c++ client api with Godot Engine as a module to expose to gdscript.

I did try the C# client, works great on mac, but wont work on two different Windows machines (refuses to connect).

Upon completion I intend to open source back to the community (also assuming there are no licensing conflicts).
Lapo
Site Admin

Re: Integrate SFS2X with Godot Engine

Postby Lapo » 17 Jul 2018, 08:43

Hi,
I am curious about the issues on Windows. By C# client you mean our C# API for SFS2X?
If so, there should be no problem running them in Windows. We have many customers using them under all sorts of recent and past Windows version with no problems.

Maybe you could open a new thread in the SFS2X C# API section of the forum with the details of the problem.
A common pitfall when switching to platforms other than Unity is to change the ThreadSafeMode property. If you forget about it nothing will work :)

Cheers
Lapo
--
gotoAndPlay()
...addicted to flash games

Return to “Job offers and requests”