How do i add new clips to the stream list?

Post your questions and bug-reports about the audio/video streaming add-on based on Red5 Media Server.

Moderators: Lapo, Bax

mihai21

How do i add new clips to the stream list?

Postby mihai21 » 05 May 2009, 12:06

Hello,
I have gone through all posts and did not find the answer to this one:
how do i add a new flv file for stream i.e. it is received along with the clip list? ( i mean it gets sent when the onAVClipList event is dispatched )
i have put video.flv under the streams folder, and renamed it SmartVideoClipPlayer_video.flv.
I log in to the SmartVideoClipPlayer zone, but this particular clip doesn't get sent, all i get is the trailers.
Do i need to generate the meta and prop files as well?
Thank you very much.
Bax
Site Admin

Postby Bax » 05 May 2009, 14:32

You have to generate the prop file only. The meta file is generated by Red5 on its own.
Paolo Bax
The SmartFoxServer Team
sgazdag

Still some problem with refreshing the videos.

Postby sgazdag » 26 Dec 2010, 23:21

Hi,

I've added some flv videos to the SmartVideoClipPlayer with the SmartVideoClipPlayer_ prefix and they also have the .prop files. So I have the SmartVideoClipPlayer_avatar.flv and the SmartVideoClipPlayer_avatar.flv.prop files as the other example videos but they still do not show up in the list. But when I restart the SmartFox Server the new files appear. Is there any method to make or force the server read the files on every swf -> smartfox connect?

Thanks in advance
Sandor
Bax
Site Admin

Postby Bax » 27 Dec 2010, 07:35

sgazdag, the RedBox doesn't automatically "see" new clips you place manually in the file system, because the list is loaded once, on server startup.
In order to make this work you should have a separate Flash application, a sort of management console: after uploading the new clip manually, in this application you should call this API method: AVClipManagar.submitUploadedClip
This will cause the clip to appear in the clips list of your public application.
Paolo Bax
The SmartFoxServer Team

Return to “RedBox”