We have updated the Unity examples pack and tutorials for SmartFoxServer 2X.
The new pack contains the following demo examples:
- Lobby: Basics
- Lobby: Buddies
- Lobby: Matchmaking
- First Person Shooter
- MMO Basics
- SpaceWar 2
- The new Connector example merges the previous Connector and Advanced Connector examples, showing how to perform the connection and login process including optional HTTP tunneling and/or protocol encryption activation.
- Three Lobby examples substitute and largely improve the previous Lobby and Buddy Messengerexamples, showing how to create a progressively more complex lobby scene, featuring game launch, Buddy List management and interaction, match-making, invitations, public and private chat, etc.
- The Tic-Tac-Toe example (previously called Tris) implements a fully-featured lobby, game spectatorsand invitations.
- The MMO Basics example merges and updates the previous Object Movement and MMORoom Demoexamples, now featuring a new 3D environment and the implementation of map limits and Area of Interest visualization.
- SpaceWar 2 is a new version of the old example; other than updating the overall game flow, new features have been added: it is now possible to play with a planet attracting starships and weapon shots, starships have a shield and they can be destroyed, starships can fire a secondary weapon, the game has a defined objective and a proper ending.
- All examples featuring multiple scenes have been updated to make use of a singleton class acting as a connection manager, representing the best practice when sharing the connection to SmartFoxServer among all the project scenes is needed.
- All examples feature a new UI.
- All examples have been upgraded to SFS2X C# API v1.7.17.
You can download the new example pack here:
And also check the new tutorials in our documentation: