- New MMO API: provides tools for building vast, large-scale explorable worlds with thousands of players interacting in the same “Room”, non player entities and much much more;
- New Room Persistence API: provides convenient tools for storing game state, personal Rooms, etc, to local files or an external database;
- New updated client API for Flash, Unity, Java/Android, Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8 supporting MMORooms, MMOItems and MMOItemVariables;
- New Flash and Unity examples to demonstrate the latest API.
For an introduction on the new MMO API see this documentation page.
Please follow these links to get the updates:
- SmartFoxServer 2X v2.8 patch update (requires v2.7.0!)
- ActionScript/Java/C# client API updates
- Flash/Unity MMO API examples
If you are an iOS developer make sure to check the latest Objective-C API release, which is now 100% ARC and provides several fixes as requested in the support board.
In the past few weeks we released a new server patch, new API versions and some new material. Here you go:
- SmartFoxServer 2X v2.6.0 patch
- Flash AS3 API v1.1.6
- Unity/.Net/Mono C# API v1.2.0
- Android/Java2 SE Java API v1.2.0
- iOS/OSX Objective-C API v1.1.5
- New C++ API (beta)
Please read the full release notes and download the update from our download section.
We also made available a new ServerTemplate for the RightScale platform (which now also installs the latest SFS2X patch) and a new white paper discussing the best practices to secure SmartFoxServer 2X.
Today we released a whole bunch of server, client and documentation updates. First of all we have the new SmartFoxServer 2X version 2.1.0 which fixes a few bugs reported on the support forum and brings some internal improvements. We then have the new versions of the C# API for Unity/.Net/Mono and the Java API for Android/Java2 SE. You can download everything from this page.
On the documentation side we have three brand new Objective-C tutorials (here) discussing the iOS examples we published some time ago, and a revised version of the First Person Shooter walk-through for Unity (here). Enjoy!