- New MMO API: provides tools for building vast, large-scale explorable worlds with thousands of players interacting in the same “Room”, non player entities and much much more;
- New Room Persistence API: provides convenient tools for storing game state, personal Rooms, etc, to local files or an external database;
- New updated client API for Flash, Unity, Java/Android, Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8 supporting MMORooms, MMOItems and MMOItemVariables;
- New Flash and Unity examples to demonstrate the latest API.
For an introduction on the new MMO API see this documentation page.
Please follow these links to get the updates:
- SmartFoxServer 2X v2.8 patch update (requires v2.7.0!)
- ActionScript/Java/C# client API updates
- Flash/Unity MMO API examples
If you are an iOS developer make sure to check the latest Objective-C API release, which is now 100% ARC and provides several fixes as requested in the support board.